The Pharma Sales Interview Breakthrough Blog
So an article in Business Insider lays out their 23 questions to never ask in an interview. Here is the full article. Here are the questions. Some are pretty obvious. Some less so.
I'll say this about any questions. Don't ask self serving questions (i.e. salary) and don't ask questions that raise flags (i.e. background checks).
If you've done your homework (as outlined in my book), then you will have at elast 5 good questions already written down on a notepad, ready to ask. Trust me. And, you won't fall into the trap of bad questions.
1) What does your company do?
2) What is the salary?
3) What are the hours?
4) How soon can I take a vacation?
5) Will I have an expense account?
6) How quickly can I be promoted?
7) what if I don't get along with my co-workers?
8) What are the benefits like?
7) When will I be eligible for a raise?
8) If I finish early, can I leave early?
9) Are you married? Have kids?
10) Will I have to work long hours?
11) Do you check social media accounts?
12) What's the employee discount like?
13) Do you monitor emails or internet usage?
14) Do you do background checks?
15) Will I have my own office?
16) can I make personal calls during the day?
17) I heard a rumor...is it true?
18) What are grounds for termination?
19) When are you due?
20) How did I do?
21) Did I get the job?
22) Do you monitor emails or internet usage?
23) NOT ASKING A QUESTION - Worst mistake you could make.
The "Breakthrough" Book